- This policy covers how AE of Miami, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("AE of Miami") treats personal information that AE of Miami collects and receives, including information related to your past use of AE of Miami services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that AE of Miami does not own or control, or to people that AE of Miami does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- AE of Miami collects personal information when you register with AE of Miami and when you use AE of Miami services.
- When you register with AE of Miami we may ask for information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information, business license information, driver’s license information, zip code, and other financial information. Once you register with AE of Miami and log in to use our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- AE of Miami collects information about your transactions with us, including information regarding items you bid on or purchase.
- AE of Miami automatically receives and records information on our server logs regarding your sessions on AE of Miami websites or through an Access Device (defined below) application (a "AE of Miami App"), and those of its subsidiaries, and related cookie information.
- If you have first provided permission through your Access Device, AE of Miami may obtain location based information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. You are able to withdraw your permission for AE of Miami to acquire location based information from your Access Device through your device settings. The AE of Miami App can use the geo-location features (GPS or network-based) to support your use of AE of Miami services and provide information about nearby vehicle auctions.
- AE of Miami uses information for the following general purposes: to contact you, to facilitate bidding, buying, and selling of items by you through AE of Miami and its affiliated companies, to transfer title and ownership of items bought and sold by you, and to comply with laws and regulations related to purchases and sales of items by you through AE of Miami.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- AE of Miami does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to (i) provide products or services you've requested, (ii) when we have your permission, or (iii) under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with AE of Miami under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help AE of Miami communicate with you about offers from AE of Miami. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We provide the information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or upon receipt of a request from law enforcement;
- AE of Miami does not otherwise share personal information about website or AE of Miami App users with third parties unless doing so is appropriate to carry out a user’s request or it reasonably believes that doing so is legally required or is in AE of Miami’s interest to protect its property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others;
- We transfer information about you to sellers of items purchased by you, to buyers of items sold by you and to their service providers that they may retain to facilitate the assignment of items to AE of Miami sales venues, and to state and federal regulatory agencies as part of the title or ownership transfer process.
International Visitors and Customers
- This website is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Safe Harbor Certification
- AE of Miami adheres to the Safe Harbor principles negotiated between the United States and the EU, and the United States and Switzerland, regarding data protection for customer data and personal data AE of Miami receives when you register for its services or use its website or a AE of Miami App. Accordingly, when visiting this website, using a AE of Miami App, or providing personal data to AE of Miami, AE of Miami has taken steps to ensure the adequate protection of the processing of your personal data. For more information about the Safe Harbor principles, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce website at http://export.gov/safeharbor/.
Online Tracking Information and "Do Not Track" signals
- When you visit this site, other parties such as third-party advertising partners and analytics providers may collect information about your online activity over time and across websites. This information may include identifiers that may permit those parties to serve tailored ads to your device. Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a "Do Not Track" signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Like many websites and online services, AE of Miami currently does not alter its practices when it receives a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor's browser.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to AE of Miami services and your account with AE of Miami, including but not limited to notifications, service announcements, and administrative messages without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Should you choose not to receive certain communications your access to or use of certain services may not be possible.
- AE of Miami may store your account information active in our databases indefinitely following the termination of your account with AE of Miami to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- If AE of Miami learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this website, a AE of Miami App, or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this website or a AE of Miami App. AE of Miami may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. AE of Miami may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
- AE of Miami takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your information. No data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The following is a summary of the measures AE of Miami takes to protect your information and descriptions of ways we implement these measures for different types of information you may provide to us:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) - AE of Miami uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. Any time AE of Miami asks you for a credit card number for payment or for verification purposes, it will be SSL encrypted. The information you provide will be stored securely on our servers. Once you choose to store or enter your credit card number on AE of Miami, it will not be displayed back to you in its entirety when you retrieve or edit it in the future. Instead of the entire number, you will only see asterisks and either the first four digits or the last four digits of your number.
- Vendors and Partners - AE of Miami works with vendors and partners to protect the security and privacy of user information.
- Employee and Contractor Access to Information - AE of Miami limits access to personal information about you to those employees who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Education and Training for Employees - AE of Miami has implemented a company-wide education and training program about security that is required of every AE of Miami employee.
Update Your Information or Pose a Question or Suggestion
- If you would like to update or correct any information that you have provided to use through your use of AE of Miami service or otherwise, please log in to your account on the AE of Miami websites and edit the information under "My Account". Additionally, you can contact Member Services at Support@aeofmiami.com for assistance.
AE of Miami, Inc.
5700 NW 27TH AVE
MIAMI, FL 33142
Effective Date: June 14, 2019
Last Updated Date: June 14, 2019